Monday, September 8, 2008

Chloë Turns 1

September 6th, 2008 - Chloë's 1st Birthday

Photos courtesy of Michelle Peel aka - "Auntie Shelle"

I gotta show off Sarah's crazy-good cake skills. Obviously, it was a Hello Kitty theme.


Big brother Aiden and sissy doing what they do best...goof around.


The requisite baby cake-dive aftermath


Chloë gives open-mouth kisses (sometimes with tongue, too)


Opening the first of her new noisemakers, err, presents...


My job was to collect the trash back there...Mommy's job was to look cute with Chloë! Obviously, we all did our jobs well.


My little Chloë, I know you're not old enough to understand now, but your first year outside the womb has been a blessing to Mommy, Daddy, and Brother in ways that we'll never be able to explain. You always make me smile - no matter what is happening around us. Your sweet personality and bright big blue eyes make me fear the day when you will be able to get whatever you want out of me! Even now I can't wait to pick you up and kiss you again.

I think my favorite thing in the whole world is when you put one warm little hand around my neck and the other around my shoulder, lay your head on me so that I can feel your warm, faint little breath on my chest and then you pat my back - as if to say: "It's ok Daddy, I love you."

Well, I love you so much and am so fortunate that God allowed me to be a husband, a daddy to a boy, and now a daddy to the best little girl I've ever known. We love you and we promise to pray for you every single day.

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart.

No comments: